Monday, July 26, 2010

Wedding Makeup


I knew right off the bat that I wanted to do my own wedding makeup.  I am not that good at applying makeup, but I am pretty controlling about it.  I wanted to look like myself, just a bit more dramatic for pictures.  I went to the Bobbi Brown counter at Bloomingdale's at South Coast Plaza a week before, and had a tutorial.  I learned some great tricks for photos, and it took her about ten lip shades to finally land on what we did.  So helpful.


  • Bobbi Brown EXTRA Face Oil (a fragrant and wonder-working blend of jojoba and other oils.  I was skeptical about using an oil, but it really evens out oiliness and dryness...amazing.  Worth the pre-wedding splurge that I did instead of getting a massage!)
  • No SPF- it reflects light and makes your face look white
  • Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Compact in Natural Tan 4.25 (applied both with foundation brush and fingers to warm and blend)
  • Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer in Bahama Brown (with a fluffy brush everywhere the sun hits your face naturally)
  • Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer in Antigua for blush (wearing it lower than I usually do so it looked like a natural flush)
  • Bobbi Brown long wear eyeshadow in Stone (already had it!) across my eyelid and just doubled up at my crease
  • Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner (already had it) on upper eye only
  • She showed me how to dip a skinny brush in the Stone and then some darker brown eyeshadow to dab at my lower lashline to give soft definition with staying power
  • MAC Shroom heavily on my brow bone (I layered it over Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Recess to help it stay put) and inner corners of my eyes
  • My normal Imju Fiberwig mascara, and curled eyelashes
  • Lips: MAC Prep&Prime lip primer, Bobbi Brown liner in Brownie Pink, then BB lip crayon in Warm Rose, topped off with BB glitter lip gloss in Naked
Phew, that's alot of steps.  It really didn't take too long, and stayed really well despite the heat and swampy feel!

I hope that's helpful, or at least fun to read (or skip.)

No comments: