Monday, December 21, 2009

Trendy Nails

So I had a coupon for Ulta for $5 off.  I went today and they had "Buy Two, Get One Free" on Essie and OPI polishes.  The Essie deal also included a free matte top coat. I also am torn between the two brands constantly.  OPI has better trendy shades, but it's a thicker texture.  I love the thinness of Essie.  Nail polish stays on much better if you do two thin coats.  Their polishes make it easy to do that.

I have been resisting the matte trend since early summer. I myself love perfectly painted GLOSSY nails.  I finally gave in with the free top coat.

So I got all of this for $11.

I have to admit that I am rethinking the Mint Candy Apple (middle.)  It is crazy trendy right now.  I know I seem like I am trendy, but I am definitely not.  I like to keep up with knowing what they are, but I tend to mostly stick with classics or things that at least feel like me.

I used it with the matte top coat. It DOES NOT feel like me.





What do you think??  I think my grandma is going to be appalled.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I am dissapointed in the color of the Mint Candy Apple. I was hoping for a deeper and more translusent shade. However, the staying power has been awesome (two coats at initial application, 1 top coat) and has lasted almost a week without chips!