Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Contentment

When I started this blog, I wrote about the battle of contentment that wars against always wanting new stuff. I maintain that I hate excess. I don't want too many pairs of shoes, too many options for makeup, too many accessories...I simply want the perfect assortment of these thing. Hence the title of my blog. I truly am a less-is-more kind of gal. So, I apply myself to finding that perfect product, that perfect pair of jeans, that go-with-everything necklace, that classic watch, those comfy-yet-stylish pair of shoes I inevitably put on even when given a choice of all of my others ones...


I am naturally more than a little OCD (obsessive-compulsive.) So, sometimes, these endless searches wear on me and I have to accept something a little less than perfect.

This week, I've been off work and just lounging by the pool, reading and catching up on life in general. I went to return a sweater to the mall yesterday, and, of course, perused Sephora. In my walk across the mall, I saw so many good deal things that I wanted and contemplated purchasing. But, somehow, I wasn't in the mood to buy. I just felt thankful for all the perfect things I've purchased in the past. It felt good. I don't have a lot of energy for shopping since I got sick, but it doesn't stop me from constantly wanting new things...improvements.

I like to step back and look at all the thought I've put into what I do have and just leave it at that. And go back to reading by the pool...

Oh, and try to finish shower products before buying new ones!

No comments: