Wednesday, July 30, 2008



I love America Ferrera in this picture. I love the cut and fit of the dress. I love the color, the way the swirls appear to be a reflection on the fabric.

But I also LOVE her hair. So silky. I will definitely try the half up-half down look she has going on, with alot of layers around the face.

I have been loving my new hair product. Laura let me try hers in Colorado, and it gives my hair the perfect amount of texture, without crunch or mattifying it too much. I find that my hair has more than enough volume, and I like it to be semi shiny. This is great for me. Sunsilk Waves of Envy Sea Mist. I use Biosilk Silk Therapy, a little bit of Frederik Fekkai Glossing Cream...and finish off with this sprayed on my top layers. It reminds me of my beloved John Frieda Wave Spray that was discontinued a few years ago!

3 comments:

Laura said...

yeah! i'm glad i passed on the love. agreed, it is the next best thing to the john frieda product (which i still mourn the loss of-not only did it work great, but it smelled amazing). i too use biosilk underneath the wave spray! i put on the kerastase curl cream, let it dry halfway, then put on the biosilk, then a spritz of the wave spray when i'm all dry.

Unknown said...

So I need to still purchase the biosilk and kerastase. Is one more important in the process then the other? Sunsilk is cheap, but aren't the other two more pricy? My hair barely get a brush run through it, let alone expensive product. But so far I love the Waves of Envy.

Kara said...

Biosilk has been my staple for years. I used to get it at Costco...a big bottle (big for serums) for $11! I still haven't used the Kerastase. I have to try it first.

I really like the Sally Hershberger products at Walgreens. She has a couple of wave products, but I have yet to try those ones.

Julia, you might want to try a beachy product. I made my own concoction of epsom salt, gel and water that I use on my bangs. It's great for texturizing, just a little drying.