Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Glossy Hair



This picture of Helena resurfaced my obsession with glossy hair. I am a very frugal individual, so don't like to pay someone else to do what I can do myself. I have gotten a glossing treatment twice from a salon, and done it at home countless times.

I got a deluxe sample of the newish Frederic Fekkai Salon Glaze from Sephora's Beauty Insider program. My hair is already really healthy, and I use a very rich conditioner on it, so the results weren't incredibly dramatic. However, my hair did get less tangled throughout the day (and night, as I only wash it every other day) and was silkier. I just don't know if it's worth $28 and yet another step in my shower routine.

A cheaper alternative is the John Frieda Color Glaze. I tried the one for brunettes last fall, but it was just too messy and inconvenient for me. I haven't tried the clear one yet to compare it to the Fekkai
Glaze, but it is less than half the price (especially since it has the added bonus of drugstore weekly sales.) Again, it is an extra step every time you wash your hair, if you really want to maintain that gloss.

In the meantime, I can't say enough about how amazing Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream is. It is pricey, but SO worth it. That stuff makes my hair so soft and silky as it is...maybe I don't need a glaze after all.

2 comments:

jmama said...

Does it work on anyone's hair? Hair like mine?

Kara said...

It would make your hair shiny, and doesn't weigh it down. So, yeah, would definitely work on yours. I still need to plug your face into the In Style website with different hair cuts.