Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lippies

I probably own over thirty lip products. I don't have an exact count, but at any given time, I carry about twelve in my purse. I suppose it's the same as any other makeup perfection pursuit. No matter how satisfied I am with my current lip products, tiny nagging thoughts nibble away at the contentment and I wonder if I am missing the Holy Grail end-all lip product.

To combat this pesky, nibbling monster, I am going to remind myself and tell you about my favorite go-to lip products...and why they stay the top competitors in this tight race for my affections.

First, Almay Hydracolor Lipstick in Pink Pearl: I would NEVER have tried this, but fell in love with a sample from a magazine last year and have gone through THREE tubes. It is super shimmery, so wears off really well...leaving a hint of shimmer on your lips. It is a great rose pink. Its only flaw is that the shimmer is silver and I tend to like coral/gold, but it is my go-to lip color on the run. I don't even need a mirror to apply it. And it's so moisturizing, and has SPF 15.

Second, my trusty NARS Lipgloss in Orgasm. I have the blush as well, and love its coral-gold goodness. For a lipgloss, it actually deposits quite a bit of color. Its flaw: as it wears, it can leave a white film on the very inside of the lip. Pretty unattractive, so I have to constantly bite my lip as it is wearing off. Definitely my most flattering color, though.


Third, my latest favorite is a recent purchase of Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Guava. I own about four other lip glosses with a hint of fuschia because I find it flattering on me in moderation. But, I'm lazy enough that I don't want to be tied to a mirror in a mid-day application. So, I would rather slap on some color on my lips and trust that it will look inconspicuous. This stuff has peppermint oil in it, lots of shimmer and that perfect hint of fuschia.
I have some great MAC, Benefit and Bobbi Brown lipsticks and liners, but find that I never reach for those. I inevitably grab a gloss or chapstick/lipstick.

No comments: