Monday, May 19, 2008

Applause from those with yellow undertones


I love Bare Escentuals mineral foundation. I have tried a few different brands, but love the creaminess of BE. My only complaint has been that they offer no colors with yellow undertones. Finally, they released Golden Medium! I could not be happier. I have been using Medium Beige for quite some time now, but always check the coloring in natural light (in my car mirror) to make sure it doesn't look "beige-y" on me. I haven't really been able to use it as a concealer because it only accentuates the beige color on my rather yellow skin tone

One small step for BE, one giant leap for the yellowish girls everywhere.

On a confessional note, one of the reasons I may truly love BE is because of the infomercials. Just when I start to be discontent, and wonder if Laura Mercier or Philosophy mineral makeup is better, I happen upon a BE infomercial. In a matter of minutes, I am excited again about the versatility of it. It's really very sad what a follower I am.

I also could not live without the Faux Tan powder. It keeps me glowing year round with no sun damage, or even the stickiness that sometimes comes with facial self tanners. A simple sweep of the powder across the bridge of my nose, forehead and blending in at the neck...using the flawless face or flawless face full brush...followed by Mineral Veil. Oops, maybe I have watched a few too many infomercials.

No comments: