Monday, April 6, 2009

Staple

Every so often, I realize that there are many products I use that I have never written about. I'm not even talking about that random plum eyeshadow or fuscia blush...I mean the staples! What is wrong with me??

So, like I've mentioned before, up until a few years ago, I was incredibly tan. I loved to go to the beach and pool and lay out for HOURS (so did my friends, by the way...you know who you are.)

Here is us circa 2003
And, then, much less tan last summer:


Anyways, about two years ago, I became obsessed (hard to imagine, I know) with making my face look tanner sans sun. I researched the best gel tanners (Benefit Talk to the Tan, Stila) and powder (Guerlain Terracotta.) I finally decided that powder works best for me since I already wear powder makeup. And, since I'm obsessed with not clogging my pores, a mineral would be best and the least flat.

I ended up getting Bare Escentuals Faux Tan and have never looked back. It is a great staple. I use it with my BE Flawless Face brush. It only takes a tiny bit, and I brush it on over the bridge of my nose, a little on my chin, forehead, temples (everywhere the sun hits.) Then, I buff a little more onto the bridge of my nose, and then blend under my jaw since I was told directly under the jaw is the whitest part.

I wear this year round. During the summer, I ramp it up a bit...but I'm a fan of a little faux glow all year long.

No comments: