Sunday, March 1, 2009

Paintin' the Nails

So I've been really not paying attention to beauty tips or products this week. With Lent beginning, I was feeling very contemplative. Hey, I'm allowed my moments, right?? Also, my health hasn't been great for two weeks, and I'm making some job changes. Big week!

This weekend, I did get a chance to paint my 2 year old niece's fingernails in a French manicure. This was a toughie. She was so enamored by the process that she would forget to hold her free hand still, and kept messing up the same two nails.

Here are our nails. Hers were inspired by just the idea of it being super cute on her little hands:

And mine are a cheapie Sally Hansen brick red that I have loved for a couple of years. It looks especially good under the amazing OPI Drip Dry drops. I have been inspired by all the red nails on The City lately.

Speaking of The City (which I watch every week and then berate myself for wasting 30 minutes of my life on), I love Whitney's use of bronzer. I myself am a big fan of bronzer as a year-round makeup staple. Apparently Whitney feels the same. She used it consistently on the apples of her cheeks. Love it!

Observe below:

5 comments:

Kendy said...

Good Content.

Today while I was surfing the Internet, I came across several interesting articles talking about UV nail lamps and how to use
them with gel nail application. I also happened to visit this site Gel-Nails and found amazing variety of UV lamps in American and European style. Some of these lamps also have a timer and a digital display which I think is really cool. And what’s best above all is the super discount that you can get which is 50% and more also for most of the products.

I guess this is a great offer to grab as there is free global shipping also over a minimum purchase order. So if you are looking out to save money after having spent on gel nails, then check out the great offers here. Maybe you may find much more
than what you are looking for as I did.

Anonymous said...

Loved this post!

Kara said...

Thanks, friend! I love blogging about the little frivolous things in life...as you know.

Unknown said...

I love Witeny's always bronzed or pink cheeks. However, what I always comment on is her hair. Does anyone else notice the grown out highlights, and sort of dull natural color? Is that the in thing now, I'm confused?

Kara said...

I agree with the roots and dull hair! My only guess is that it's sort of in style to have roots showing like that...I think they're calling it "recessionista hair."