Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A convert


Up until a few years ago, I was a sun bunny. I had tan lines nearly year round (thanks to the warm southern CA beach weather) and never seemed to be tan enough. How times have changed!! For a few years, my face has been protected by SPF or hats. I definitely get some sun on my arms and upper body sometimes, but mostly rely on self tanner.

Usually I use BareMinerals Faux Tan powder over my makeup (sweeping across my forehead, nose, cheeks and blending down below my jaw.) And yet, today, I experienced a new product.

I have been reading about the Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Spray. This retails at $57 (ouch!) It has silicone in it and dries to a powder finish. I got my new Sephora catalogue the other day, and took myself to the mall to try the items I had circled.

At first, I sprayed the #2 shade in error. I looked like I had just come back from a year on a deserted island, without sunscreen. Luckily, a kind Sephora employee offered her services and showed me how to lightly spray #1 on. And it was amazing. I looked the tan old me, before I started caring for my skin. Maybe I can find this cheaper on Ebay! What a lot of high maintenance it takes to make me look like the truly low maintenance, younger me. But, I'm older and more responsible now.

I feel too lazy to use my normal camera, so snapped one on my phone, but I don't think you can tell how tan I look. Oh well...

No comments: